15 Tips for Keeping Your Twitter Followers
Top 15 Tips for Keeping Your Twitter FollowersEngaged people do choose to unfollow sometimes – after all, they are paying attention! Here are some tips for keeping your most valuable Twitter followers happy and un-annoyed, so they won’t want to unfollow you.
- Make sure your Twitter bio and tweets are on the same page.
- Don’t automatically DM (direct message) people when they follow you.
- Don’t have apps tweet for you, unless you think they’ll be interesting for your followers.
- Have some variety and good stuff in your last three tweets.
- Don’t just talk about yourself.
- Don’t tweet too often.
- Do tweet regularly.
- Be wary of politics and religion.
- Be mindful of your potty mouth.
- Be consistent with your language.
- Consider having two accounts for different purposes.
- Don’t ignore @s (mentions).
- Don’t just auto-post from Facebook or another social network.
- Don’t get hacked.
- See if your Twitter triggers any red flags.